A fantastic opportunity for an Edinburgh Napier University current student or graduate who is eager to get some real-life experience in a Communications and Marketing role working in a start-up to make an impact on the company and the environment!
Alterwaste is an award-winning green startup, focusing on sustainability and are tackling plastic pollution with new, sustainable materials. They now need a communications superstar to help build and spread their positive message, and develop their brand. If you are successful in securing this fully paid internship, you will have the opportunity to join Alterwaste’s busy team for 10 weeks (or more) working on key communications and marketing tasks and leaving your stamp on their brand.
The work will include, but will not be limited to:
– Carrying out market research
– Writing content for various platforms, including company website and social media
– Writing and editing articles for publishing
– Proofreading documents and articles
– Drafting newsletters
– Implementing the Marketing and Communications strategy
– Attending events with the core team and promoting business
– Other general administrative duties
The intern we are looking for is expected to have:
– Passion for sustainability and environment
– Experience working within a communications, content or marketing role.
– Experience in creative writing / copywriting skills
– Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or Marketing (preferred, but not limited to)
– Good written and communication skills
– Positive and #CanDo attitude, open to challenges
– Capability to work independently
– Interest in networking, attending events and meeting new people
Key Job details:
– Job start date: End of August (negotiable)
– Available on a full-time basis over 10 weeks or part-time over an extended period of time (upon agreement)
– Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, Flexible hours
– Work Location: Bright Red Triangle, Edinburgh Napier University, with the option to occasionally work from home
– Salary: £3,000 total for the internship (10 weeks)
Upon completion of the internship, additional work opportunity might be available.