The Unloc Enterprise Challenge – brought to you by Verizon – is a new online entrepreneurship competition looking for people aged 16-25 with ‘fresh and innovative business ideas’. The challenge is searching for great start-up businesses or concepts from The Netherlands, United Kingdom, France, Germany & Sweden.
There are several different stages of the competition, but applicants will compete for a place in the final. The winner will receive £5,000 of funding for their start up, a mentorship package and a technology bundle to help develop their idea or business.
Applications will be judged on three key factors: Viability, Sustainability and Creativity.
The Unloc Enterprise Academy are the operators of this competition, and they are on a mission to encourage innovation and creative thinking in young people. They are working in partnership with Verizon to build a platform for people aged 16-25 to endorse their business ideas and to promote entrepreneurial career paths.
The Unloc Enterprise Challenge Timeline
23rd April – Online applications launch
4th June – Online application deadline
11th June – Semi Finalists announced and asked to submit a simple business plan
18th June – Business plan deadline for semi finalists
25th June – Finalists announced
Applications will only be accepted from:
- Individuals between the ages of 16 and 25 years on the date of their application’s submission
- Residents and citizens of the The Netherlands, United Kingdom, France, Germany & Sweden
Business proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Be legal in all five participating countries
- Be either a pre-start, have a business idea/concept, or not have been trading for more than 3 years and have an annual turnover of less than £100,000 on the date of your application’s submission
- Not have the purpose of political lobbying
- Be the applicant’s own idea and not infringe on the copyright, patent or intellectual property of others
How to Apply
RECORD a short video of you talking to your camera about your business idea. The video needs to be a minimum of 60 seconds and a maximum of 2 minutes – don’t forget to mention how your idea meets the three key criteria.
SUBMIT your video and your contact information at http://www.unlocenterprisechallenge.com/. Then sit tight and wait to hear from the judges: semi-finalists are announced on 11th June 2018!